Have you ever wondered....
- What to put in a press release and how to get it noticed by journalists and editors?
- How to get your story in magazines, newspapers, on radio or TV news?
- How to get local dignitaries, MPs and funders to your events, project launches or fundraising dinners?
- How to share your campaign stories or educate 'the public' on the issues that you tackle?
- or just how to increase your presence and influence as a social entrepreneur, charity or voluntary group?
Then this is the course for you!
Share Impact and Brighter Comms have teamed up to share their expertise on how to get your story out to the world via radio, print and TV media; as well as how to get key stakeholders at your events or giving their support.
What you'll go away with:
- Discover the exact stories from your organisation that editors and journalists want to share and will get excited to speak to you about
- Ideas on the types of media you could contact, aligned to your goals, including which journalists and editors to contact
- Clarity on which key stakeholders you need to communicate to, to increase your presence
- What stories you're going to tell them and how to 'pitch it'
- A perfected press release which will always get noticed
- Confidence in knowing exactly what to say on radio and television when you get asked to do an interview
- Creating the perfect 'soundbites' that get your message across
- Maximising your presence with a powerful social media campaign to support your increased profile
- Top Tips on how to get 'the media' to your project launches, celebrations and events
Who's running the course?
This is a collaborative project between Share Impact & Brighter Comms.
Kat Luckock is an Impact Strategist and Business Coach for social entrepreneurs, and Founder of Share Impact which helps organisations measure and communicate their social & environmental impact better so they can secure financial sustainability.
Sara Robinson is Managing Director of Brighter Comms whose mission is to provide big agency services to clients at affordable rates, with a personal touch and a results-driven approach. Sara is a former print and broadcast journalist with over thirteen years’ experience gained in-house and in agency roles.
Harriet Kings is Senior Communications Manager and manages PR for Brighter Comms' clients across a variety of sectors including legal, technology, the third sector and life sciences.
How does the course work?
When you sign up for the course (below) you will get access to all the course content here on Teachable. You'll also be invited to a private Facebook group where you can connect with other students on the course.
You can study the course content at your own time, with lifetime access. Although you could also complete the course within a week if you wanted, and use the resources & templates again and again.
On this course you get:
- Five video tutorials covering all the key topics of the course
- A step-by-step WORKBOOK which gets you the results you want to see
- A TEMPLATE PRESS RELEASE with top tips on how to use it, to use again and again
- A TEMPLATE EMAIL / LETTER for contacting key stakeholders including MP's, dignitaries and funders
- TOP TIPS on how to prepare for radio/television interviews so you get your message across with confidence
- SOCIAL MEDIA PLANNING SHEET & Top Tips to achieve greater presence through your social media campaign, alongside your increased publicity
- Access to a private FACEBOOK GROUP where you can connect & collaborate; ask questions; share ideas; and hear what others are doing to connect with the media
Plus you get ALL these BONUSES:
- A BONUS Case Study Template and Video tutorial on how to use it
- A BONUS Resource on Crafting Tantalizing Testimonials
- A BONUS on how to use Canva for creating impactful social media images (video tutorial)